Child themes, plugins, templates and imports will be added here.
Child themes for Big Feature
To use a child theme, just upload it and enable it like any other theme. The advantage with child themes is that you can do changes without touching the original theme (makes it easier to update themes). Btw, I give no support on child themes or customizations of them. They are meant as examples to build upon. The child themes available below only work with BigFeature version 1.3.3 and newer, you can download the older versions here (compatible with older versions of BigFeature).
Read the readme file coming with the child themes for instructions how to set it up!
- bfBlank – a blank child theme. Just add css to the style.css for modifications to the theme.
- Topart – a simple example with a background image (only 3 lines of css code).
- BFArea | Demo – Full width Feature area and custom settings. (see readme.txt for instructions).
- BFNav | Demo – 3 navigations and a custom footer (see readme.txt for instructions).
- BFWide | Preview – Full width header and footer (see readme.txt for instructions).
- bfct01 | Demo – see readme.html (inside the zipfile) for setup instructions.
- bfct02 | Demo – see readme.html (inside the zipfile) for setup instructions.
- bfct03 | Demo – see readme.html (inside the zipfile) for setup instructions.
- bfr | Demo – Responsive (beta).
- bfTopnav | Demo – Adds a top header with a navigation (that can be set as fixed). Setup info.
- bfct04 | Demo – Masonry portfolio. see readme.txt (inside the zipfile) for setup instructions.
Custom version of the Wordpress importer plugin where it updates existing posts instead of skipping them. This is useful for updating snippets, templates and other content. It also checks for a _modified custom field, and only updates newer versions (this is built in to the snippets system). Here’s code to add the _modified functionality to a custom post type (add in functions.php of a child theme and replace the posttype name).
Setup Data for Big Feature
Starter data to setup bigfeature. Watch this video to se how to import the data.
Vfxdude bbPress template
This is the bbPress template used here. Modify header.php to change the sitename, slogan and navigation. I also created a similar styled child theme. If you want a forum that fits your BigFeature design without any modifications, I recommend using the Simple:Press plugin. See this forum thread for more info about Simple:Press.